These days everyone wishes to retire early. People in their 20s wish to retire in their 30s and people who are in their 30s wish to retire in their 40s.
Here are some of the common approaches that are all over the internet:
1. Generate passive income somehow through a side hustle
2. Invest consciously in risky instruments and keep on doing so till the returns match your expected income
3. Create content and monetize it
4. Create courses and sell them
5. Coach/ develop others
6. Influencing/ endorse products
How this is possible?
1. Internet: it allows you to act as an individual unit and connect with millions
2. Platforms: LinkedIn, Instagram, WhatsApp, Zoom, YouTube
3. Tech: Mobile, Laptops, Accessories
How people in their 20s wish to retire in their 30s?
1. Create kickass content that goes viral
2. Invest in Bitcoin (or other risky instruments) and hope that Cryptocurrency rules the world in their 30s
3. Create organizations, processes, and systems that disrupt
How people in their 30s wish to retire in their 40s?
1. Use the skills they developed in their 20s and teach-back/coach
2. Invest in equity/SIP/small case(or relatively less risky instruments)
3. Build businesses that offer sustainable returns in the 40s
4. Invest in disruptive businesses (eg Tesla)
What people in their 20s might lack?
Focus/attention span, the value of perseverance, and patience
What people in their 30s might lack?
Two broad themes emerge here:
1. Create/curate content and distribute it to the masses
2. Channelize your funds towards businesses/technologies that are promising
Three competencies that will make you win at this age:
1. Learning agility
2. Financial Acumen
(Pick any two)
Leave comments. 🙂